Terms & Conditions
please read through our terms and conditions below before you hire from Anthony Booth Trust Castles.
Bookings and cancellations Policy
- To secure bookings we require a small deposit (This is fully refundable) . The remaining balance will be required before the set-up of the hired equipment, prior to the start of the event.
- The Person securing the booking must be over 18 years of age
- You may cancel any bookings by giving a minimum of 1 days’ notice.
- Only the person who made the booking is able to cancel the booking.
- If winds OR gusts exceed 24mph (38Kmph, or Force 5 on the Beaufort scale) then we WILL cancel the hire of any bouncy castle and/or inflatable. This is a requirement by law set out by the HSE and could mean that we cancel as late as on the same day and during your party or event booking.
- In the event that adverse weather conditions occur such as heavy rain or high winds, we have the right to cancel the booking.
NOTE: Generally, if the weather is forecast rain in the morning and dry in the afternoon then we will carry out your booking. If weather is forecast dry in the morning and rain in the afternoon, then we may NOT carry out your booking.
Anthony Booth Trust Castles Terms & Conditions Delivery, Set up & Collection Requirements
- The person who made the booking must be available to sign for delivery & collection of the equipment. Terms and conditions of hire & a safety handout will also be signed for upon delivery.
- If the person who made the booking is not present to sign on, then we are unable to leave the equipment at the venue and we reserve the right at this point to cancel the booking and a fee of £10 will be charged (the deposit ) for the Charity’s fuel
- We must have clear access to the venue. Please make sure the driveway/side passage and any other access spaces are clear so that we can immediately park up, unload and walk through to set up with minimal fuss. Our delivery drivers work to a strict time sheet keeping on time for ALL of our customers’ delivery and collection times.
- For our bouncy castles and inflatables you will need to allow a minimum of 5ft at the front and rear of the inflatable bouncy castle and 2ft either side. This is to allow for safety mats and access onto the castle step and also to account for the blower at the rear of the castle. For example, our smallest castle measures 10x12ft, therefore the required minimum clear space for this castle would be 14x22ft. Each of our hire products show the size on their individual asset pages on our website, you may refer to each individual product page for the required space information. Alternatively, if you are not sure then we advise that you call us to discuss this.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the space requirements for the product that you wish to hire. If we arrive on the day and cannot fit the hired products into the desired site then we will not be able to hire the products. If we have no alternatives we reserve the right at this point to cancel the booking and a fee of £10 will be charged (the deposit ) for the Charity’s fuel
- If hiring outdoors the grass should not be too long so that we can effectively assess the safety of the ground that the equipment is to be hired on.
- The ground should be free of any sharp objects, branches/twigs, stones or animal mess.
- The clear space where the equipment is to be hired must be ready for us, i.e trampolines and chairs already moved so that the equipment can be immediately set up.
- If the desired hire site is not suitable and does not correctly reflect the details we received on our booking form i.e. you booked a bouncy castle or inflatable for grass, but then we arrive and it's on concrete or the area is covered in animal foul then we reserve the right to cancel the booking upon our arrival.
- If the car park at your venue has a height restriction barrier in place, please ensure this is either removed before we arrive to deliver and collect your hired equipment, or allow us an alternative access route.
Anthony Booth Trust Castles Terms & Conditions Loss & Damage
- The person who booked the party or event will be responsible for any losses or damage caused to the equipment during the hire. If damage occurs during the hire the person that booked is responsible and must cover any costs to repair, clean or replace the equipment.
- • All equipment hired from Anthony Booth Trust Castles must be returned clean. For example this means that no mud or food items should be found on any of the equipment. If any equipment is found to be returned in an unacceptable condition, i.e. if it is in a dirty or muddy condition, you will be expected to pay an additional cleaning charge of £30.
Operating times for delivery and collection
- We are able to offer our delivery and collection for a maximum of 8 hours from 8AM-6PM. Any required collection times beyond our operating time of 6PM will be subject to an overnight charge of £15 and can be collected from 8AM the following morning.
- You may also wish to hire the asset overnight, this is charged at £15 and can be collected from 8AM the following morning.
Note: Please turn bouncy castles and inflatables on in the morning when you wake up, this will allow us to check the condition of the inflatable and will also allow it to dry for our collection.
- We will deliver and collect according to the specified times on the booking form. You may make changes to these anytime up to the day before your booking.
- We require a minimum of 30 Minutes either side of your booking to allow us the time to set up and clear away. When booking our services to venues with limited access times, such as village halls this will need to be considered.
For example, most children's parties last for around 2 hours, therefore when booking a village hall you would need to book for 3 hours to cover our required time plus your party time. Note: Some venues will charge you for extra time if you are not cleared up and packed away within your booked time. We expect you to account for our set up and pack away time of 30 minutes each way and we will not be responsible for any charges you incur as a result of not accounting for this.
General: Bouncy Castle hires
- If winds OR gusts exceed 24mph (38Kmph, or Force 5 on the Beaufort Scale) during the hire remove all children from the equipment and TURN OFF the equipment immediately This is a requirement by law set out by the.
- A responsible Adult must supervise the Bouncy Castle at all times. Alcohol or any other substance is forbidden whilst using or supervising the castle.
- Each unit has a limit of a person as tall as the side walls of the castle (When standing on the castle). Please ensure no-one over this limit uses the equipment.
- No food or drinks or gum to be allowed on or near the inflatable Bouncy Castle which will avoid choking and damage (Please note if the Inflatable is collected in a dirty condition or damaged then the person hiring it will incur a cleaning and, or repairing charge).
- All footwear, glasses, jewellery, badges MUST be removed before using the Bouncing Castle. Try to encourage children to leave their footwear away from the step of the castle.
- No face paints, party poppers, streamers, silly string or ink based products to be used either on or near the Bouncy Castle as this can stain the material.
- No smoking or cooking equipment near the Bouncy Castle.
- Climbing, hanging or sitting on walls is DANGEROUS and under no circumstances should this be allowed.
- Make sure that the Bouncy Castle is not overcrowded, and limit numbers according to the age and size of Children using it. Try to avoid large and small Children from using it at the same time.
- Prevent Horseplay, Please ensure Children are not pushing, colliding, fighting or behaving in a manner likely to injure or cause distress to others. Somersaults are strictly forbidden as these are very dangerous on this type of equipment.
- If the Bouncing Inflatable Castle is not being used for any part of the day, please switch the blower off at the mains.
- Do not allow anyone to be on the Bouncy Castle during inflation or deflation as this is DANGEROUS
- Do not allow anyone to bounce on the front safety step as a Child could easily bounce off the inflatable and get hurt. The step is there to assist users in getting on or off !
- It is essential to ensure that no-one with a history of back or neck problems or existing medical condition is allowed on the Bouncy Castle and also any Child who is feeling unwell.
- No pets, toys or sharp instruments to be allowed on or near the Bouncy Castle. Note: When the bouncy castle or inflatable is deflated please do not allow children or pets to run on the top of it. This can damage the art work and get it dirty.
- The Bouncy Castle should not be used if it becomes wet on the jumping area and in the event of rain, the unit should be switched off and not used. When the rain ceases then dry the castle with a towel and play can commence.
- In the event that the blower stops working, please ensure all users get off the inflatable immediately. The blower has a safety reset button, try pressing this, also check the fuses and make sure the blower tube or deflation tube has not come undone or something has not blown onto and is obstructing the blower. In the event that it overheats, or loses power, switch the blower off at the mains, then switch it back on again 1 or 2 minutes later, and it should restart. If it does not, inform us straight away.
Anthony Booth Trust Castles Terms & Conditions Coronavirus Update:
- We are offering basic hires throughout Covid-19 for a select few of our inflatables however our terms of hire have been extended due to safety of You and Us which MUST be adhered to
- Inflatables will only be set up in private, back gardens with gated access.
- The inflatable is to be used solely by the household members.
- We are only accepting hires where inflatables will be set up on grass
- Access must be clear with the gate open prior to arrival.
- Customers must remain in the house whilst the inflatable is being set up/taken down.
- If an outdoor socket isn't available, then you must provide your own extension lead that will need to be plugged in and put outside for us to plug into prior to our arrival.
- Payments must be made online prior to Delivery
- Our terms and conditions are to be Confirmed online prior to the hire.
- The inflatable will be disinfected upon collection by us and then taken away by us to be left in storage for a minimum of 6 days and being cleaned thoroughly ready for hire again.
- You must inform us if before arrival if anyone in your household is showing symptoms of Coronavirus or has or have had symptoms in the past 14 days. We will the booking if this is the case
- If any member of the household starts to develop symptoms of the Coronavirus during the hire period, then the use of the inflatable must cease, and we must be informed of this immediately.
- In no way will we promote social gatherings or parties or position castles / or inflatables on shared or public areas
- Although inflatables are cleaned, disinfected and the above steps are adhered to, we will accept no responsibility for issues arising to any person caused by or resulting from:
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19);
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2);
- Any mutation or variation of SARS-CoV-2; 16.2.4. Any fear or threat of above.
- Due to the current situation with Covid 19 (corona virus), Anthony Booth Trust Castles Terms & Conditions You, the HIRER are responsible whilst hiring equipment from Anthony Booth Trust Castles to ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury or damage to any persons or to the equipment. Please ensure that the following Safety Instructions and guides are followed.